So maybe you have been thinking about switching to or adding a bio ethanol fireplace to your decor. You may still be on the fence because maybe you just don’t think you know enough about it. Well that is ok, you can look at page after page of things about it. Let’s be honest though, most of us don’t have that kind of time to spend looking for bio ethanol fireplace pros cons. We want the information straight forward and right in front of us.
So we have done all that work for you and got the information you need. That way you can finally make up your mind on if bio ethanol is the right choice for you!
Pros and Cons of Bio Ethanol
So on with the informative information that you are looking for and less of the jibber jabbering. First we are going to go over the pros of an ethanol fireplace.
Pros of an Ethanol Fireplace
There are many things to love about an ethanol fireplace, that doesn’t mean they are right for you. On the other hand, they may be more right for you than you may have thought.
- No venting and no chimneys required! Ethanol fireplaces don’t require either since they burn clean, giving you more placement options than ever before.
- Clean burning, the ethanol emits no harmful toxins into the air. So it is safe for people, pets and the environment.
- No mess, that is right there is no mess to clean up. If you have had the pleasure of a wood burning fireplace they are beautiful in their own rights. However, they do come with a lot of clean up as well. Ethanol fireplaces do not, because they burn clean and leave nothing behind.
- Simple to use since there is no wood to chop, wood to gather and store, fighting to light or many other complications that can arise. Just fill the holder and light and you are done.
- Fuel can be stored easily and doesn’t attract bugs like wood can.
- Ethanol produces no smoke or smell that will chase you out of the room or your spot.
- Eco-friendly! Ethanol is made of an easily renewable energy source. So you are doing your part by cutting down on fossil fuel demand. You also doing your part by keeping harmful chemicals out of the atmosphere.
- Portability! Since you don’t have to hook up to electricity or gas lines, you can virtually take your fireplace anywhere you want to since the fuel comes in containers that can be transported as well. Of course with that said make sure you get a portable fireplace if that is what you are looking for.
- Realistic flame, if what you enjoy about a fire is the flame show it puts on. You won’t be disappointed this puts on a great show without all the fuss.
- Great for those with breathing ailments such as asthma and allergy symptoms. Those who have avoided a fireplace due to breathing problems don’t have to anymore. Bio Ethanol doesn’t emit anything into the air
- No heat loss, since there is no venting or chimney required there is no heat lost through either.
- Great during a power outage for light and a heat source. Remember size does count, the larger the more heat output.
Cons of an Ethanol Fireplace
Where there are pros there are cons to be found. The same goes for ethanol fireplaces, the great thing is there isn’t many and many may not even be a big deal to you. Yet we are still going to go over the cons just to be fair.
- These fireplaces need oxygen to burn, so if you are using in a small space take heed. You need to add fresh air to the room here and there. They are oxygen eaters, so you need to replace that oxygen.
- While they do provide some heat, don’t count on them to be a primary heat source. They are not a great option for that.
- The fireplace and the fuel can be expensive. So if you are someone who likes to burn a lot be prepared for the extra cost.
- Wall mounted ones are great but you should always make sure there is a barrier in between the fireplace and the wall where it is to be mounted.
- Bio ethanol although safe when being burned is fatal in liquid form. So it needs to be stored out of the reach of little hands and pets to avoid them drinking it. Drinking it can be fatal, so use proper storing.
In most cases the cons are common sense, but we had to make you aware of them. We want you to be able to make a well informed decision when making a purchase. That way there is no chance for a remorseful purchase. The benefits here definitely outweigh the cons, but you are the one who has to make that final decision. Everyone’s needs and wants are different! Also remember bio ethanol fireplaces are just not for residential users. They are also a great choice for business and commercial purposes as well.
Bio ethanol fireplace pros cons are not something that everyone provides. So we want to keep you safe by providing them. I am sure there is probably more that we didn’t cover, but what we did are some very important ones. Each bio ethanol fireplace can vary on what they offer by maker. So make sure you take the time to find out what each one has to offer. That way you know what you are getting when it comes to safety and features.
Bio ethanol fireplaces are very useful to many of us, so we always have the chance to have a beautiful fire on the drop of a dime without a hassle. One that doesn’t require all the work that others require. Others that we can move to where ever the mood puts us. Whether it is pool side or bedside, you are sure to find one that works for you!