A ventless gas fireplace is a free standing appliance that supplies heat to your home. Yes, they are heaters, but they are also works of art that add beauty, and warmth to your home.
Your central heating unit can keep you warm, but a ventless gas fireplace can keep you warm and cozy. You can stare at the flickering flames as they dance and enjoy the peaceful feeling that comes with true relaxation.
Read More: Best Ventless Fireplace Logs Review
These fireplaces do as much to warm your inner soul as they do to heat your room. They also do not require electricity so they heat your room without adding to your light bill. That is enough to make most people take a second look at the appliances.
There are a lot of different brands, colors, sizes, and styles of gas vent free fireplaces. I have compiled a list of some of the most popular models to help you decide if one of these items might fit just perfectly in your living room this winter.
Top Rated Gas Fireplaces Comparison Chart
53.8 x 24 x 45.5 Inches
25.2 x 13.2 x 32.2 Inches
53.8 x 24 x 49 Inches
53.8 x 24 x 45.5 Inches
23.5 x 13 x 25.5 Inches
Read More: Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Review
Experts Top Picks For Review
A vent free gas fireplace may be a new idea to some of you. They help you to heat your home, they add beauty, and they even increase your home while possibly lowering your insurance costs, and the cost of your utilities.
I have chosen the following vent free gas fireplaces and vent free gas fireplace inserts because of their availability, their quality, their reasonable prices, and the features they include.
Pleasant Hearth Convertible Vent Free Fireplace
When you want to heat a large space the best choice is a ventless gas fireplace. This fireplace can accommodate your needs and bring a great look to your home or office. This particular fireplace can sit in the corner or against a wall in the open. It has a size of 35 inches and allows you room to maneuver in your home.
To use this fireplace, you can buy a blower for larger homes and adjust it with a dual boast thermostat. You have no worries about the fireplace safety because they come with safety spark ignitions and a safety cut off. This particular vent free gas fireplace is also lightweight weighing in at 98 pounds.
- Having more room in your home
- Easy dual thermostats for temperature control
- Safety ignitions if there is ever any problem
- Does not heat as large a space as other ventless gas fireplaces
Duluth Forge Dual Fuel Vent Free Gas Stove – Model DF25SMS
Using a vent free propane fireplace is one way to heat your home. With this particular one you only need a propane tank of 100 pounds which is easily purchased at any gas company. That makes it available to use with no electricity or wood.
However, it has a wonderful wood look with fake logs that leave behind no messes for you to clean up. Flames make the appearance more realistic.
Each vent free propane fireplace comes equipped with a safety switch in case of any problems. This particular one is available in the color black and can come with an optional blower motor for maximum heating capacity in 1,100 square foot vicinity.
- No electricity or wood needed
- No messes to clean up afterwards
- Must have a 100 gallon propane tank to run, only heats up 1,100 square foot at a time, blower motor is extra
Kozy World GSD2845 Dual Fuel Gas Stove
This vent free gas fireplace insert is a lighter version of the ventless gas fireplaces. It can sit flat against a wall in your home and has the look of the old time cast iron stoves.
The square footage of heating range is 850. This ventless gas fireplace inserts come with a non adjustable thermostat for easy regulation.
When you purchase one of these you will have some minor assembly to get it ready for your home. These models do not come equipped with a blower motor since they are for smaller spaces unlike some of the other ventless gas fireplaces. These fireplaces are easy to use in any place in your home. Dimension of this fireplace is 25.2 x 13.2 x 32.2 inches.
- Saves money because you do not have to run your furnace as much.
- Looks attractive
- Some assembly required
- Heats a small area
Pleasant Hearth Vent Free Fireplace Heritage
This free standing fireplace gives you all of the ambiance and natural glow of a log fireplace, without the messy ashes, smoke, and soot that log fireplaces provide. The fireplace allows you to see the flames through the front glass.
You do not have to worry about keeping a lighter, or matches close at hand because this vent free fireplace has an electronic ignition to ignite the flames. It also has a thermostat that you can control by remote.
These vent free fireplaces can be fueled by natural gas or by liquid propane. So you can use the fuel that is most convenient for you to purchase.
This heater produces 32,000 BTUs and is simple to install. It stays cool to the touch on the outside so you can place it anywhere you want in your home without worrying about fire hazards.
The wooden look of the cabinet that encloses the burners is attractive and will compliment any decor style. You can use the fireplace as a focal point in the room by arranging your furniture so that everyone can see the flickering flames dancing behind the protective screen.
- Has dual fuel technology
- Has an electronic ignition
- Has a remote to control the thermostat
- Has an overheat safety switch
- Does not come with a blower you have to buy those separately
- Will require two people to move because it is bulky
Pleasant Hearth Convertible Vent Free Dual Fuel Fireplace in Tobacco
This amazing fireplace is free standing and it can be operated using natural gas or propane. You do not have to worry about the availability of fuel in your area because you have a choice of fuels to use.
You never have to worry about having a lighter, or matches nearby to light the flames. The electronic ignition will safely make the spark for you. That means even children can light the fireplace without getting burned.
The fireplace has two burners and it has a thermostat control so that you can have your room heated to the temperature that you prefer. You will not have to shut the fireplace down because you got the room too hot.
The appliance can be installed against a wall, or in a corner for decorative purposes. The rich tobacco color of the cabinet gives it the feel of an old well-loved cabinet.
- It has a thermostat control
- It has dual burners
- It uses both natural gas and liquid propane
- It has a 20,000 BTU rating, and it has an overheat safety switch
- The blower is sold separately, weighs a little more than 100 pounds so it will take 2 people to install it, may require some assembly
Pleasant Hearth Convertible Vent Free Dual Fuel Fireplace 35 Inch
The cherry finish on this dual fuel fireplace makes a great addition to your home or office. The ventless gas fireplace has an elegant sleek finish that shines brightly. The mock fireplace adds a homey touch that can leave you calmed after a hard day. The beauty of fake logs and fire is there is no clean up of messy ashes or wood afterwards. It makes a clean smoke free burn that is enjoyable for everyone.
The look of the gas fireplace is not the only thing that it has to offer you this winter. This particular one comes equipped with what is known as duel gas thermostats. That means you can use natural gas or liquid propane to operate it. It can be set up anywhere in your home for a 20,000 BTU heating system. This model of ventless gas fireplace insert is available for corner use or in the center of any room against a wall.
- Corner or wall installation available
- Dual fuel thermostat
- Beautiful cherry wood finish
- Blower motor not included
- Larger than other models
Pleasant Hearth 20000 BTU Compact Vent-Free Gas Stove
The black sleek design of this ventless gas fireplace insert leaves your home with an elegant look. It has a mock fireplace of wood and flames with a metal grate that covers the front of your fireplace. It gives it a vintage look of old time home heaters. It is easy to clean and is cool to the touch so you never have to worry about it burning anyone or the items surrounding it.
This model also comes with an oxygen depletion sensor that allows your ventless gas fireplace to automatically shut off if there are any issues with it. That makes it safer for homes with children and animals. There is some assembly required with his model but it sits against the wall and makes a great fireplace for your home.
This smaller unit only heats about 850 square feet but gives you more room than the bigger ventless gas fireplaces.
- Easy to use
- Has a great safety built in
- Assembly required before use
- Smaller unit only heats 850 square feet
Pleasant Hearth Vent Free Fireplace In Rich Heritage
This vent free gas fireplace has a beautiful light wood look that is easy to clean and maintain. The polished look does not mess up when the unit is turned on and it can fit against any wall in the home. The vent less gas fireplace is 32,000 BTU so it heats up a larger space than the smaller units. This allows you to save energy and spend less heating your home.
This unit has an electronic spark ignition that is worked by a remote control right from your chair. No need to get up to turn it on or off and the remote even controls the temperature. The vent less gas fireplace can be worked with either natural gas or liquid propane so it is easier for the user. This larger unit is perfect for large homes or areas that need heating during the winter.
- Larger unit heats larger area
- Works with a remote control
- Takes up more space
- Has to have electricity to work
Pleasant Heart Convertible Vent-Free Dual Fuel Fireplace
The rich hues of this freestanding fireplace make it a beautiful accent to any home décor. The fact that the fireplace is vent free means that it can easily be installed to an apartment, a condo, a dorm room, or an existing home with ease.
The overheat safety switch gives you the peace of mind so that you can sleep peacefully without the worry of your heater being a fire hazard. The sides and top of the heater are cool to the touch so it can be sat right up against a wall without free of igniting a fire.
The thermostatic control allows you to have a room that is the perfect temperature. You will save money because while you are using this device you will not need to use your central heating unit as much. That means a lower utility bill because central heating units use electricity.
You never have to light the fire with a match because there is an electronic spark ignition switch to do that for you. The fire is contained behind a screen so you do not worry about things blowing into the flames and catching your house on fire.
- The appliance can be fueled by natural gas or liquid propane gas
- It can be installed against a flat wall or in a corner
- It has a dual burner
- It comes with a two year warranty
- The blower is sold separately
- The fireplace requires two people to move it
Duluth Forge Dual Fuel Vent Free Fireplace Insert – 15,000 BTU
This freestanding fireplace has the vintage look of an old cast iron wood stove. The sides and front have wire mesh covers that allow you to see the flames so you actually feel warmer.
The unit requires no electricity to operate so if the power goes out in the winter you still have a warm house to enjoy.
The vent less gas fireplace insert comes with a remote control so you can turn it on or off from the comfort of your easy chair.
- Heats an area that is 600 square foot
- Provides light as well as heat,
- Uses natural gas or propane
- If you use propane with the heater you must have a 100 lb propane bottle or a larger propane tank that has a two stage adjustable regulator
- Blower is available but must be purchased separately
Vent less Gas Fireplace Buying Guide
Before you buy Ventless gas fireplace inserts or a ventless gas fireplace there are some things you should take into consideration. The following check list should help you decide if the Ventless gas fireplace insert you are considering is right for your needs. You may also check our another website about water heating, especially you will love the Tankless Water Heater article for sure.
- Decide where the fireplace will stand so you can choose the right size unit
- Decide if you would prefer to have a glass panel or a wire grate enclosing the flames
- What fuel source is the easiest for you to get
- What fuel source is the cheapest for you to get
- If you are buying online does the retailer ship for free
- What are the return policies of the retailer
- When you get the fireplace in your home have someone ready to help you assemble and place it in the proper position
- Choose a style and color that enhances your decorating style
- Check to see if there are any building codes, or permits required in your area before you purchase your new vent less gas fireplace
Ventless Gas Fireplace Safety
Most people are concerned about placing items in their homes that produce open flames. This is understandable. Using a vent less gas fireplace could reduce the amount you pay on your home owners insurance because of their safety features. Industry specialist Christopher Thomas, mainly famous for writing different aspects of wood router provided us some key safety features of ventless gas fireplaces. Have a look:
- The vent less fireplaces does not produce toxic fumes so they are not a danger to people with breathing conditions like asthma.
- These fireplaces are cool to the touch so they will not cause the walls they are placed near to catch on fire.
- The fires are contained inside grates or behind tempered glass panels.
- The units have safety switches that sense when they are overheating and cut the fireplace off.
- The fireplaces will not burn if they are tipped over
- They come with electronic sparks so you do not have to risk being burned while you light them
- The gas vent less fireplace comes with thermostat controls to keep you from overheating the home
- Children will not be burned if they touch the outer surface of the fireplace
- Pets will not be burned if they crawl under the fireplace
Ventless gas fireplaces are great ways to heat your home or offices in the winter. They have proven over time to be sufficient ways to save money on your electric and safer for you to use in your home than old style heaters and fire places. Not only are they elegant in style they never take up much space and are easy to be moved from one spot to the next.
The safety of vent less gas fireplaces is unbelievable. They almost all have built in safety switches to keep the unthinkable from happening such as fires. These units are the newest and safest way to keep a small square foot home or a large square foot home nice and toasty. They also allow you to have a no mess fireplace with a real fire look. They are the smartest way to protect your home and keep it warm at an affordable price.